Museum open for visitors
There is a comprehensive COVID-Safe Plan in place to ensure the health and safety of staff, volunteers, contractors and, of course, you, the visitor.
Ensuring the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, contractors and visitors is important to the Museum.
To keep everyone as safe as possible, please note that we have made some changes with regard to the way we operate.
Before going to and entering the Museum
- Visitors are advised not to visit the Museum if they experience ANY symptoms consistent with COVID-19, even if they feel fit
- Vulnerable visitors (at risk) are advised not to visit the Museum if they feel unsafe doing so
- Visitors who are comfortable visiting the Museum are advised to take their own personal safety precautions (e.g. face masks)
- Visitors are asked, upon arrival, to sign in. Personal details will be recorded but not shared unless requested by government for purposes of public health. Visitors are notified that their details will be held for up to 56 days for contact tracing purposes.
- No need for individuals, families and small groups to book a visit in advance. Groups larger than 20 are advised to contact the Museum before visiting.
Cleaning and hygiene
- Hand-sanitising stations are provided at the entrances/exits of all buildings
- Frequent routine cleaning is undertaken
- Downloading the Government's COVID-Safe app is recommended
- Visitors will be required to maintain a space of at least 1.5 m between themselves and others
- Two square metres of space per individual
- Direction arrows have been placed on the floor throughout the Museum to guide the public and ensure one-directional flow of traffic to reduce face-to-face interaction
- Some of the displays have been re-arranged to ensure the public follow the direction indicated by the arrows
- Floor markers advising visitors about the social distancing requirements have been installed
Managing potential and confirmed COVID-19 cases
The Museum has procedures in place to manage potential and confirmed COVID-19 cases with regard to staff, volunteers, contractors and visitors.
We would like to thank you for your supporting the Museum by visiting us and we look forward to welcoming you "on board".